Copyright © 2009 Conseil québécois du commerce de détail. All rights reserved.
No portion of this publication may be reproduced in any form, electronic or otherwise, for any purpose other than personal use without prior written permission of Conseil québécois du commerce de detail (CQCD). Any materials in which copyright resides, other than CQCD, is used by permission and belongs to respective owners of copyrighted material.
Trademarks, names, service marks, domain names, and logos of CQCD may not be used in any advertising, publicity or otherwise without prior express written permission of CQCD.
2. Legal Disclaimer
The information and services provided are "as is" with all faults and without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied. CQCD makes no warranties or representations regarding the accuracy, completeness or suitability of the information and services.
CQCD does not exert editorial control over materials that are posted by third parties on to this site or materials that are mailed by third parties to any other persons. CQCD is not responsible for any material posted by any third party. CQCD does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings, and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. CQCD specifically disclaims any and all liability for any claims or damages that may result from any posting by third parties.
CQCD has provided links to other Internet sites only for the convenience of World Wide Web users, and is not responsible for the availability or content of other sites. CQCD does not endorse, warrant or guarantee the products or services described or offered at these other Internet sites.
CQCD is providing information and services on the Internet as a benefit and service in furtherance of CQCD's non-profit and tax-exempt status. Users are requested not to post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive or illegal materials, nor to use this site for any such purposes.
The information about laws and regulations is not legal advice. If you have questions about the specifics of the legislation, you should contact the agency or department referred to. If you require advice you should consult a lawyer.
Type of Information Collected
CQCD may collect from and use information about the users of this Web site. This information falls into a number of different categories:
- When a user fills in an electronic form on the Web site, CQCD may collect a user's name, position, business address, telephone number, fax number, business e-mail and financial information (including credit card information) required to process orders of goods and services.
- A user may provide information which personally identifies a user (Personal Information) to CQCD when completing a registration or placing an order. Unless a user provides the minimum information noted on CQCD's Web site, the user may be unable to complete transactions.
- CQCD may collect the e-mail addresses of users who communicate with CQCD via e-mail and who wish to receive information from CQCD, such as member notices, CQCD's electronic newsletters, etc.
- CQCD may collect business information volunteered by users, for uses such as survey information. This information is kept confidential by CQCD and is not used for any purposes outside of the stated intent of the survey without the express consent of the participant. Aggregated or anonymized survey results that do not identify individual users may be used and disclosed by CQCD.
- The CQCD Web site may use "Cookies", which are small data files that are placed on an individual user's computer. The Cookie identifies your browser and not personal information about you, such as your name.
- The CQCD Web site automatically collects certain user information which is customarily logged by Internet servers, including the Internet Protocol address ("IP address") through which users access the Internet, the date and time of access, and the Internet address of the Web site from which a user linked to this Web site ("User IP Information").
How Information is Used
The reason for the collection of information on the Web site and uses which are made of the information which is collected depends on the nature of the information.
- CQCD may use contact information (i.e. name, job title, business address, telephone number, fax number, and business e-mail) to inform users on a periodic basis by electronic newsletters, correspondence, phone calls, faxes and e-mails about industry issues, events, products and services of interest to your business. Members may also receive from time to time, phone calls, correspondence or e-mails from CQCD affiliated trade associations and select sponsors associated with CQCD who provide information about industry issues, events, products and services of interest to your business.
- User IP information may be used to measure the number of visitors to the different sections of this Web site, and to help make the CQCD Web site more useful to users.
- CQCD may use User IP Information or Cookie information collected on and through the CQCD Web site to improve the design and content of the Web site. User IP Information and Cookie information may also be used for statistical purposes or to evaluate what portions of the Web site are more popular than others, determine where visitors came from, and where they go within the Web site, and how long visitors stay on a particular page, or on the Web site in general.
- In certain limited circumstances, CQCD may be required or permitted by law to disclose Personal Information, such as to the police in the course of a criminal investigation.
How Your Information is Protected
CQCD uses commercially reasonable steps to keep any Personal Information which it collects about users secure from unauthorized access, deletion or alteration, but, as with any communication of information over the Internet, there is a risk that data will be intercepted or otherwise interfered with by third parties. CQCD will have no liability to users if Personal Information is intercepted or otherwise interfered with by third parties. Users should take precautions to ensure that others do not access their Personal Information; such precautions include the use of passwords and encryption and turning off the computer when finished using it.
CQCD treats all information collected on our Web site as securely as possible. CQCD's Web site uses SSL or "Secure Sockets Layer", an industry-standard security protocol, to process credit card transactions for the purpose of events registration, membership registration, and magazine subscriptions. When users connect with CQCD's secure server, the communication between the browser and the secure server is encrypted.
Transferring of Personal Information
CQCD may use third parties to provide services or functionality relating to the CQCD Web site. As a result, Personal Information may be transferred to one or more third parties, such as a data processor or fulfillment agency for processing relating to these services or functionality. CQCD will take appropriate measures so that any such third parties do not use such Personal Information for their own purposes and that Personal Information is safeguarded to the same standards as are used by CQCD.
Sharing of Contact Information
Contact information that is limited to name, job title, business address , telephone number, e-mail address and fax number may also be shared with select sponsors of CQCD events with the user's authorization.
Access to Personal Information
Upon request, CQCD will provide an individual with details of any Personal Information about him or her, which CQCD has in its possession or control. CQCD can be contacted at email@example.com or by mail to Conseil québécois du commerce de détail, 630, Sherbrooke O., bur. 910, Montréal (Québec) H3A 1E4.
Opting Out and Correcting Your Information
If you would like to remove your name from CQCD's electronic participation lists please let us know by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Conseil québécois du commerce de detail, 630, Sherbrooke O., bur. 910, Montréal (Québec) H3A 1E4 or by following the "unsubscribe" instructions in our electronic newsletters and e-mails.
If you wish to correct the information that we have about you, please contact us at email@example.com or by mail to Conseil québécois du commerce de detail, 630, Sherbrooke O., bur. 910, Montréal (Québec) H3A 1E4.
Collection of Information by Third Parties
This Web site may contain links to Web sites which may be operated by third parties whose information and privacy practices may be different than CQCD's. These links are provided solely for convenience. Users should consult the privacy notices on such other sites. CQCD may have no control over any information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties and is not responsible for the content of any such third party Web sites. Accessing and viewing of any such third party Web site is conducted at the user's own risk.